- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
Since the foundation of our company 1907, our passion for cycling in all its facets has enabled us to gain valuable experience in the development of high performance rims. With our manually laced RC-Forty/Fifty Disc Carbon wheelset for your road bike with disc brakes, we now present, after more than one and a half years of development, the current ROSE pioneer in terms of aerodynamic, performance and weight. All this garnished with a convincing, simple design and an outstanding price-performance ratio.
With 37 mm high rims on both the front and rear wheels, the RC-Forty is predestined for trendy gravel bikes and explosive cyclocrossers. But this wheel set also cuts and excellent figure on classic endurance racers such as Grand Fondo marathon bikes or the specialized race bike for demanding mountain stages.
It's all about the rim
The noble carbon rims of the ROSE RC-Forty/Fifty Disc road bike wheelset are a complete in-house development and have special construction that makes them very light and yet stable and resistant. Of course, we follow the trend towards wider tyres and therefore grant the rim a full inner width of 19 mm and “tubeless-ready” compatibility ex works. Of course you can also ride the RC-Forty/Fifty wheels in a conventional way with conventional tyres and inner tubes.
Thanks to the asymmetrical, rounded rim profile, the carbon rims not only minimize air resistance, but also reduce annoying air turbulence. Even strong side winds are optimally dissipated. As a rider you feel full control over your road bike in every riding situation and you save valuable energy for the really important duels on the track. Be it against your competitors in the sprint, against the mountain on a 15% gradient or simply against yourself and your weaker self.
Newmen & ROSE - “centerpiece” made in Germany
We didn’t want to compromise on the hubs! That’s why they come from Newman - a small but fine high-performance company that both designs and tests as well as produces in the Allgäu. The CNC-milled hub body with the lowest tolerances has a high material thickness at the neuralgic points, e.g. the highly loaded transition between the front disc holder and the spoke flange, and thus large safety reserves. At other points, the material could again be reduced to such an extent that a very low hub weight was nevertheless achieved. In the rear wheel hub, a freewheel with a precise ratchet system also ensures direct traction and maximum propulsion. The high-quality, double-sealed industrial bearings with our specially developed high-performance grase filling guarantees reliable and long-lasting function as well as extremely simple operation. An often complicated adjustment of the bearing clearance is not necessary.
Robust aero spokes and inverted nipples
Strong SAPIM CX-Sprint Straightpull Aero spokes provide a stable and reliable connection between the Newman hubs and ROSE RC-Forty/Fifty carbon rims. 24 pieces each in the front and rear wheel and the 2-fold crossed spoke take into account the high loads when used in the modern, powerful disc brakes. The reliable SAPIM aluminium spoke nipples lie aerodynamically inside the rim and are mounted invertedly. The nipple is supported on conically shaped SAPIM nipple washers, which ensures and even distribution of the load and thus a relief of both the spokes and the rims. This drastically reduces the probability of spokes breaking.
Nothing beats honest craftmanship
In line with our long-standing company tradition, we completely dispense with machine spoking in the ROSE RC-Forty/Fitfy disc wheelset. Instead, each individuell wheel is spoked and centred by hand at our company headquater in Bocholt. This way, our experienced wheel builders guarantee the best possible quality in spoke tension and concentricity.
• Rim material: carbon
• Asymmetric profile suitable for disc brakes
• Rim width/depth: approx. 26 mm / 37 mm
• Inner width: 19 mm
• Tubeless ready
• For Presta valve
Spokes & nipples
• Types of spokes: SAPIM CX-Sprint Straightpull Aero Spokes (dimensions: 2.0 - (2.25 x 1.25) - 2.0)
• Number of spokes: 24 pcs each
• Spoke nipples: SAPIM Aluminium nipple (inverted); SAPIM nipple-washer
• Lacing: 2-cross
• Housing material: CNC milled Aluminium
• Front hub: 17 mm axle, 2 cartridge bearings (double sealing)
• Rear hub: 17 mm axle, 4 cartridge bearing (double sealing), Ratchet System 20T
• Suitable for disc brakes
• CenterLock brake disc mount (6-hole via adapter, e.g. Swiss Center Lock adapter product code: 2255955)
• 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano / SRAM (Road)
• Front axle: 12 x 100 mm (thru axle)
• Rear axle: 12 x 142 mm (thru axle)
• Recommended for 25 mm - 62 mm tyre width
• ASTM classification: 2 (suitable for use on and off the road and for drops of up to 2 cm)
• Max. system weight: 110 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• ETRTO: 622 x 19 C
• Wheelset: approx. 1.390 g
• Front wheel: approx. 640 g
• Rear wheel: approx. 750 g
In the box:
ROSE RC-Forty Disc Carbon Road Bike wheelset incl.
• Tubeless ready rim tape (fitted, suitable for conventional inner tubes)
• Tubeless valves
• Rose Double Wheel Guard, size M
Due to our high-quality and very durable grease filling and the fixed bearing clearance, the hub bearings can run somewhat heavier at the beginning. However, this has no effect on the riding and disappears after a short running-in time.
The tubeless sealant is not included in the delivery.
Customers whose wheels have been damaged in an accident or fall within 6 years will receive a 50% discount on a new set of wheels within our Crash Replacement Program (please note terms and conditions).
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- 12 x 142 mm, 12 x 100 mm
- Freehub body:
- Shimano/compatible with Shimano/SRAM
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- https://www.rosebikes.de/media/cms/original/91/0f/cms.5b081648924205.77735646.06e8.jpg; https://www.rosebikes.de/document/2302658_-_Muc-Off_-_desinfizierendes_Hand_Gel.pdf