- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
You have already used the configurator. To see your configuration click here.
Low in stock!
Rotor 2INpower Road DM power meter crank
Product code: 228158903
Power measurement is extremely scientific and too complicated? The displayed watt value is just another confusing number on the already packed display... more details
Price incl. VAT
plus £1.75 for delivery to Great Britain
You are about to buy the standard model.
Your configuration is not saved.
If you want to buy a customized bike, click here.
Or do you want to proceed with the purchase of the standard model?
Power measurement is extremely scientific and too complicated? The displayed watt value is just another confusing number on the already packed display of your bike computer? With the 2INpower Road DM power meter and the ROTOR Power analysis software, ROTOR wants to prove the opposite. The crank-based power meter represents your way to even bigger successes, as it turns power-based training into a daily routine for you, thanks to easy and uncomplicated handling. This offers you a decisive advantage over training control through heart rate measurement, because in contrast to the heart rate, the power measured in watts is not affected by factors like temperature, altitude or individual conditions such as your form on the day or your stress level. This makes the measured values extremely precise and comparable.
The ROTOR INpower Road power meter crank measures left and right leg power in watts, using a combined opposing strain gauge system inside the axle and the right crank arm. Thus, you can analyse the difference between the right and the left leg, recognise imbalances and regulate them.
Besides, the crank is able to measure power, cadence, torque effectiveness and pedal smoothness. All of the electronics are located inside the water-proof, sealed axle and the right crank arm for best protection. Expensive maintenance and battery replacement by professional workshops are not required. The built-in lithium-ion battery inside is rechargeable and lasts for up to approx. 250 hours of training.
In combination with oval Direct Mount Q rings chainrings by ROTOR, the 2INpower Road DM crankset achieves maximum performance for increased pedalling efficiency and comfort. By adjusting the chainring position to your personal preferences (OCP = optimal chainring position) with the help of the ROTOR Power analysis software, you can make for a smooth pedal stroke, use your power more efficiently and protect your muscles and joints. The result is simple and brilliant: You’ll get faster and can ride even longer without suffering from fatigue!
· Dust- and water-resistant, as the powermeter technology is tucked neatly inside the crank axle and right crank arm
· Resistant against temperature fluctuations
· Independent left and right leg measurement
· Lithium-ion battery rechargeable via USB cable (included)
· Easy and intuitive calibration
· ANT+ and Bluetooth functionality
· “Trinity Drilling” hollow bored crank arms
· DirectMount chainring installation
· Compatible with single and doublespeed chainrings, oval or round in a one-piece design (ROAD)
· Adjustment of oval ROTOR Q rings chainrings accurate to 1°
· Torque360 function
· Optimum Chainring Angle (OCA)
· Optimum Chainring Position (OCP)
· Compatible with almost all bottom bracket standards (UBB30)
· Material: CNC milled aluminium 7055
· Axle Ø: 30 mm (BB30)
· Chainline: 43,5 mm
· Q factor: 147,5 mm
· Crank arm length: 170 mm / 172,5 mm / 175 mm (please make your choice)
· Compatibility BB shell: BB30 / PF30 / PF30 BBright / BB386 / BSA / ITA / BB86
· Data transfer: Bluetooth and ANT+
· Battery: built-in lithium-ion battery (rechargeable)
· Water resistance: IPX7
· Weight: approx. 596 g (172,5 mm / without chainrings)
· ROTOR DM Q Rings IX Direct Mount chainring OVAL (product code 2281591)
· ROTOR DM Q Rings Direct Mount double chainring OVAL (product code 2281600)
Compatible bottom brackets:
· ROTOR BSA30 / ITA30 bottom bracket cups (product code 2104328)
· ROTOR PRESS FIT 4130 bottom bracket ROAD/MTB BB86/89/92 (product code 2097143)
· ROTOR BBPF30 bottom bracket cups PF 30, BB386 EVO and BBRight (product code 2111054)
In the box:
· ROTOR 2INpower Road DM power meter crank (without chainrings and bottom bracket)
· USB charging cable
· Spacers, washer and spacer chart
· DM Nut-Tool for Direct Mount chainrings (additional Shimano Hollowtech II tool required)
All current ROTOR cranks of the Road Series ALDHU and VEGAST, the MTB Series RHAWK, RRAPTOR and KAPIC as well as the power meters INpower DM and 2INpower DM use the established DirectMount system for chainring installation, that has proven its worth in mountain biking for years. This allows for easy chainring replacement, direct engagement on the axle and maximum flexibility in the choice of gear ratios and drivetrain characteristics. Moreover, the fine toothing between crank and chainring allows you to adjust the oval ROTOR Q rings with 1° accuracy.
The cranksets are compatible with classic round or oval chainrings for single- or doublespeed systems in ROTOR one-piece design. By using an optional Direct Mount spider you can still use spider-based chainrings though.
ROTOR POWER analysis software:
All ROTOR power meters allow you to easily analyse your pedalling efficiency by using the free analysis software ROTOR POWER for your computer (available for download on the Rotor homepage for Windows/Mac) or the smartphone or tablet app (available in the App Store or Google Play Store). Besides, the software helps you adjust and visualise oval ROTOR Q rings and shows the distribution of power over a 360-degree stroke with a graph. Thus, you can optimize efficiency quickly and easily.
Different leg lengths, a rotated pelvis or differently developed leg muscles often result in a difference between left and right power output. This is normal and widespread. The balance value provides information about the percentage distribution and helps you optimize the pedal stroke so that both legs generate approx. 50% of power.
This feature shows you how smooth your pedal stroke is. It’s the ratio between average power and highest power during a pedal stroke, measured in per cent.
OCA "Optimum Chainring Angle":
This function allows you to determine the crank arm angle at which the highest force is applied. This helps you find the optimum chainring position in no time, especially when using oval chainrings.
OCP "Optimum Chainring Position":
The optimum chainring position of oval chainrings is important. OCP represents the different setup positions that ROTOR Q rings offer to fit a rider’s distinct pedalling style. You can determine your OCP if you know your Optimum Chainring Angle (OCA), which can be found by conducting a TORQUE 360 pedal analysis via the ROTOR Power analysis software.
This INpower technology enables the presentation of the effective torque applied to the pedals and shows how evenly power was applied throughout all 360 degrees of a pedal stroke. As the ROTOR INpower technology measures power in every single leg, you can analyse the entire pedal stroke and determine both positive and negative power. The TORQUE 360 feature helps you learn more about your own pedalling style and improve your technique.
Functional Treshold Power (FTP):
Functional Treshold Power (FTP) is an important analysis value. It specifies how much power can be maintained over an hour without signs of fatigue. A 20-minute FTP test determines the values to define the training zones. This allows for much more effective training control. Besides, knowing your FTP value will help you pace yourself effectively during competitions and on long climbs. Thus, you will be faster overall and come out on top.
- Manufacturer`s ref.: